Saturday, August 2, 2014

New Things Always Scare Me

This week I made a big decision to try something new and scary; I made a YouTube channel. I filmed my first video with my blogging camera last Wednesday and edited it on Thursday. Let me just tell you it is not as easy as you would think. It was extremely weird to talk to a video camera and watch it back. The whole process was cringe worthy. It also took about 2 1/2 hours to get ready and film. I filmed the same video three different times, and each time got a bit better, but it still wasn't the best. I know that as I film more and become more comfortable with filming they will get better. The next step was editing. I used IMovie to edit, and it has been a while since I have used IMovie and I could not remember how it worked. I spent about an hour watching IMovie tutorial videos and still didn't figure everything out, so I just decided to wing it. I think it turned out pretty well for my first video. Although, there are a few things I will fix for next time. I chose to make my first video an introduction to my channel. I explained what I had planed for future videos and when I would be plaining to upload videos. I also said that I will be going back to Stockholm, Sweden for two weeks next Friday and I plan on vlogging while I am there. I will also be blogging as well, so don't worry I am not quitting my blog. Before I started my blog I was really considering on if I should start a YouTube channel or start a blog, and the blog won. I still very much wanted to start a channel, as it looked so much fun and was a good way to document what I am doing in my life. I wasn't going to originally post anything about my channel because I was nervous about it. Just like everybody else I am scared to make myself vulnerable to everyone else and blogging about my life was a big step, video taping my life and putting it on the internet is an even bigger step. This is finally a step I have gained the guts to take and I am pretty proud of myself. The video will be down below if you would like to watch it. It would also help me out a lot if you could comment on the video or this post if you would be interested in seeing a whats in my carry on bag video along with a travel vlog or if your would rather just watch a normal travel vlog. I would also like to say thank you to all the people who read my blog and are returning readers it means an amazing amount to me that you actually take the time to read things I wrote. I would also like to say thank you to anyone who watches this video for supporting me, as this is a huge deal to me.  Also I love hearing fead back from people so if you want to leave a comment with some tips or even just your opinion on the video. I am open to all types of criticism good or bad because it will help me learn and help me find a way to do better next time.




My first YouTube video:







No comments:

Post a Comment