Saturday, November 8, 2014

Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well! 
 It will soon be the season of baking, so I decided to share with you my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. 
Now this is not my own recipe, I found it online and wrote it down. I don't remeber where I got it from, but I did make a few slight changes to the recipe. I have been making these cookies a lot lately, as they are very popular with my family to the point where I had to double the recipe last time I made them. Alright let's get in to the recipe! 

Here is everything you will need:

• 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour 
• 3/4 teaspoons baking soda- ( however I use baking powered because it makes the cookies a bit more cake like, but it is what ever you prefer)
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt 
• 1 stick or 8 tablespoons of butter 
• 1 cup of light brown sugar 
• 1/2 cup of granulated sugar 
• 2 large eggs ( or just normal size) 
• 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract 
• chocolate chips 
• two bowls, one large the other medium sized



The first thing you are going to do is set your oven to 375 F. I am sorry that I do not have metric conversions. 

You will then mix the flour, baking powder or soda, and then salt in the medium bowl and set aside for later.



Next in the large bowl mix the butter( softened), brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs  
         
         

 


After you have mixed all the ingredients extremely well, you can now add in the flour. The best way to do this is add a little at a time and mix the small amount of flour with the rest of the mixture. Then continue adding flour and mixing until you have mixed in all the flour. 


After you add the flour make sure you mix the whole mixture extremely well, for about 2 minutes. 


After the mixture has been mixed well you can now add in the chocolate chips! After you pour them into the bowl you will want to fold them in. 



Next its time to bake your cookies! I like to make them pretty big so I put 6 on a pan but if you want smaller cookies just make them to the size of your choosing. With small cookies you can make around 2-2 1/2 dozen. With large cookies, depending on how big you make them, you will make around 12-15 cookies. You will want to cook the cookies for about 12 to 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Make sure to use a tooth pick to check the middle of the cookie. If it comes out clean then they are done! If dough is stuck on the tooth pick then put them back in for a minute or two, until they are cooked to your liking.

After the cookies are done it is time to let them cool and then eat them! I hope you enjoyed this recipe!





No comments:

Post a Comment