Friday, June 27, 2014

Change

This past week has been one of the busiest for me. Some of you might have read in one of my last post, not sure which one, that I was in summer school and I didn't relaize that it would take up this much time. I am taking not one or two, but three different classes this summer: government, history, and an online PE class which is a new form or lazy. This past week has been full of test, quizzes, and stress. In my last post I mentioned I joined a gym and loved going to work out, and I still do. I go everyday of the week except Thursdays because it is my rest day. This past week I have been spending almost two hours a day at the gym mostly because when I'm at the gym all I have to worry about is working out and not all the other million things I need to do. For instance one thing I just learned this week was that the Swedish Embassy has extended the time  it takes to get a residence card from 6-8 months to 11-16 months, so instead of applying in a few months I needed to apply like a month or two ago. That is one of my biggest worries at the moment. I have read the websit where you apply about a thousand times, but I still don't feel like I 100% know what I am doing so I am going next Wednesday to talk to the consultant we have in Houston to ask my millions of questions. This has also been a week of change and still is. Thursday I cut my hair, but this time I didn't just cut off one inch but around 5 or 6 inches. I was extremely nervous since this will be the first time I will have short hair in years. This is how long my hair was before : (please excuse the bad selfie, this was apparently the one of many habits I never picked up as a teen)
My head feels so much lighter than it did before and I even find myself becoming cold more often now when I am inside. Over all I am happy I cut all my hair off, as it was time for a little change. Now the only thing left to do is master the short pony tail. As for another change that is happening this week is I will be ordering a pair of glasses for the first time in almost 10 years. When I was in 3rd grade (thats about 8 years old) I was told I need glasses to see, so I got a pair and wore them for about a year and half. After that time I decided I looked horrible in glasses, which I did, so I got contacts. I have been wearing contacts for the past ten years, and have never had a pair of glasses since. Now that I am traveling a lot more and have less time to remove my contact lenses, I am finding the need for glasses a lot stronger. I have decided to get a new pair of glasses, ones that will actually look good on me this time, instead of constantly fighting with dry, itchy, and tired eyes. I am using the company Warby Parker (who I am not sponsoring in any way, just telling my opinion) instead of my eye doctors simply because of price and style. I was drawn to the company after hearing friends and many people on YouTube explain about the free try on home kit. They will send you 5 pairs of frames that you pick off there website for free to try on at home, and when your done you send them back and order the pair you would like. Not only is this a great idea, but there prices can't be beat. The price the glasses are listed as on the website is the price they stay even after you add in the prescription lenses. They range about $95 to $150 compared to about $300. To me this sounds like an awesome deal so I decided to try them out and ordered my 5 pair of frame a few days ago and will be receiving them in the mail today. So far I am impressed with the companies shipping speed since I only just ordered them on Wednesday and they will be arriving on Friday. I will give more updates as I go through the process of picking a pair to the quality of the glasses I receive. I might even put pictures of me in the glass up on my Instagram, Twitter, and Google+ to get other peoples advice on which pair looks the best. Another good thing that is happening this week is Daniel is coming to visit on Saturday! I am excited of course! I know it has only been a month since I last saw him, but it feels like forever to me. This time though I will try to up my photo skills and try to take more photos if we go somewhere or do anything fun with our lives. Most likely we will end up just watching Netflix and movies the whole time he is here, and thats ok with me! Also I would like to try to get better at posting more. It is hard with the amount of school and work I do during the week, but I will try to post as much as I can. I am going to try to post a small clothing haul maybe on Saturday or Sunday as well this week so keep your eyes open for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment