Saturday, May 10, 2014

Clothing Haul

For the past few years I haven't been into fashion as much as I would have liked to be. I mean I would get a few cute outfits here and there, but would skip over them in the morning and go for the I just woke up and came to school look. I hate to admit it, but I still have these mornings even after high school. It is just easier to throw on a t-shirt and a pair of jeans and go, but I have set a goal to no longer have these kind of mornings. Ok lets be real here, thats never going to happen so lets make this goal a bit more realistic: I will try not to wear t-shirt and jeans more than 2-3 times a week. To help me stick to this goal I needed a few more spring/summer clothes. Now the last time I actually went shopping and bought multiple items for myself was around last fall, so I started looking around and found some things. I ended up ordering quite a few items from Forever 21 and received them in the mail the other day. Instead of showing you everything I got, I thought I would just show you my favorite items. The first item I was most excited about was the shoes! I am completely shoe obsessed. I have been made fun of for how many pairs of shoes I bring with me when I travel, but hey a girl need options. When I opened the package the first thing I grabbed for was the shoes, I had to make sure they fit. When I pulled them out of the box I became quit nervous because of how small they looked. I tried them on and they fit perfectly! I wore them around the house for the next hour not wanting to take them off. The only problem I have with them is what tops to wear them with. Its easy to pair them with dresses but when it comes to pants or jeans I don't know what kind of tops would go best. The next item, that almost tied for number one favorite, is a jean jacket with cotton sleeves and hood. I know, I know its summer and I live in Texas, so why did I buy it then? I bought this jacket because I have been looking for one since fall that wasn't out of my price range. I am so glade I found this one, it fits great and doesn't make you look boxy. I will be flying to Europe in about a week, and its still about mid to high 50s, so I'm pretty sure I will be wearing this jacket everyday that I'm there. The next item I got is 100% made for the summers here in Texas. It is a light weight crop tank top with beautiful lace detail. It also has a zipper detail that runs down the back. This is great paired with a pair of high wasted shorts or jeans. You can even add a kimono if you need to cover up a bit more, or just to add some color. My last favorite items was a floral skater dress. It came in two different colors, light tealish color (looks blue in the picture) or black. My first instinct was to choose black, but after seeing how much black is actually in my closet I decided to go with the fun bright color. The dress also has a oval shaped cut out on the back. I know I still need to get a few more items, but don't really want to spend the money. I guess that calls for a little thrift shopping!








No comments:

Post a Comment