Friday, May 23, 2014

And I'm Back

If you read my last post then you know I mentioned I would be traveling back to Sweden with in the next few days, well guess where I am now! Last Tuesday I left my house at 3 AM to go to the airport for my first flight of two flights. 
At around 6:30 AM I get on the flight from Houston, TX to Newark, NJ. After that three to four hour flight, I have about a six hour layover in Newark till my next flight at 5 PM. The reason why I don't take a later flight out of Houston is because I am flying on standby, so I have no idea if I will even get on the plane which is why I want to have as many opportunities to try to get on. It really isn't as bad as you think sitting in the airport all day. All I have to do is bring my computer and watch a few movies or play some games on my phone, the only hard part is trying not to fall asleep. This is where Starbucks comes in. 
After waiting for hours I finally get on the flight from Newark to Stockholm, which is a huge relief because I don't really want to stay the night in the airport again. As we were taking off you could see New York City in the distance. Now I have never been to New York, but it has always been one the the places I would like to visit most. I am always so close, but it is just not the place I need to be. One day New York, One day. 
As we were flying over Greenland I got to see the sun rise. I could not get over how beautiful the colors were so I tried to get a picture of it, but this is the best I could get with my phone.
After about five hours into the flight I start to get restless, as does almost everybody else. I was no longer tired, nor did I want to watch anymore movies, so I just listened to music and waited. I have always had no problem sitting and doing nothing for long periods of time, but as we got closer the more excited I was to see my boyfriend Daniel. 
After arriving I met up with Daniel and then we took the bus into the city. The past two days have been lazy days, since Daniel is still in school and I still don't know my way around I just hangout at the house. So for right now I am enjoying a cup of tea and watching Downton Abbey.

Later on I will be meeting up with Daniel and his friends for a late lunch. I must say it will be quite interesting because I will be taking the subway by myself for the first time. I know where and how to get where I am going, but it will just be fun to see if I screw up. Since I have no way of communicating with anybody I wont be 100% sure if they will be on time or I can't say if I am running late. Well wish me luck, this is just something I will have to get use to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment