Thursday, May 15, 2014

Fresh Market Haul

For months now they have been building a The Fresh Market in my area and it finally opened about a week ago. I had the day off so I decided to check it out. I have been to this kind of grocery store before, but the closest one to my house is a good 45-60 minute drive depending on traffic. If you don't know what The Fresh Market is then I will explain; it is a grocery store that offers manly healthy or healthier products. It could be compared to a Whole Foods or Central Market. Most of there products focus on being organic or all natural, which causes them to be more expensive but worth it. I tend to only buy snacks and drinks from these stores because of the price and since I am still living with my parents they tend to buy  all the food. I am one of those people who like to snack on things through out the day, so 90% of the time you can bet I have food in my purse. What I have learned to do is only buy healthy snacks for these reasons: 1. If I only have healthy snacks then I will only eat healthy snacks, 2. I don't feel as guilty afterwards, 3. They will only be eaten by me because the rest of my family won't touch them. 
So with out further ado this is everything I bought:
I will explain what everything is starting from the left and going to the right of the picture. The first two things I bought were bags of toasted granola called Oat Clusters made by Love Grown Foods. I love eating granola with yogurt, as cereal, or even on its own. The one thing I look for when buying granola is if it is clumped together, it makes it ten times easier to eat out of the bag as is, so I was thrilled when I found this brand. I bought two different flavors, sweet cranberry pecan and cocoa goodness. I went ahead and opened the cocoa flavored one to try it out, and I really liked it. I was afraid that it was going to taste to much like chocolate, but there is only a hit of the chocolate taste which will make it easier to eat with other things. Like everybody I have a sweet tooth, more like teeth, and by buying healthier sweets I am able to still get my fix with out the regret. In this case I bought chocolate chip cookies! They are called The Best Chocolate Chip Coolies In The World made by Bart's Bakery. While they are not the best cookies I have ever had they are pretty good. They are made with all natural ingredients and bit size, so the serving  size is much bigger than other cookies. You are abel to have up to 11 cookies for 120 calories and only 5.9 grams of sugar! I will takes these over Oreos any day (no really read the serving size for Oreos). The next items I got were a few juices and teas. The juice is called It Tasted Raaw. I don't have much to say about it yet because I haven't tried it yet, but it is 100% natural with no sugar or preservatives added. I got four different flavors; raspberry lemongrass, better beets, passion fruit wheatgrass, and very berry wheatgrass. I tend to buy these kinds of juices for on the go mornings. Since it is full of natural fruits it is more filling than normal juice so I will usually drink them for breakfast. The tea that I bought is Hibiscus Tea Sangria by Argo Tea, I also bought their mint tea but drank it on the way home oops. I was quit good and for the amount I got I will defiantly be re-buying. The bottle is also glass with a removable label, which is nice if you want to reuse it for some DIY project. Next I got some crunchy snacks, a bag of BBQ chips that are made by The Fresh Market and a small snack bag of Mango Passion Whole Grain Snacks by Grains of Truth. As for the BBQ chips I was surprised. They were the best BBQ chips I have ever had. I really don't like when chips are unevenly flavored, but every chip I tried had just enough flavor and they weren't stingy with it either. Now I haven't tried the snack bag since it is smaller I am sure I will eat it all at once, and I didn't really want to eat everything I bought in the same day. I only bought one bag to try it out before buying multiple ones, but I am sure I will like it after all mango is my favorite fruit. Last but not least I bought Brad's Raw Crunchy Kale. I have wanted to try kale chips for a while now, but never had the materials or time to make them. I was quit excited after I picked them up that they were the second thing I tried after the tea. Not only do they look good, but they also taste good. However, the best thing about all these produces is the fact that I know and can pronounce every ingredient on the back of there packaging 

No comments:

Post a Comment